Sunday, June 7, 2015

EDiM

May brings the Everyday in May challenge and yet again I participated. The first time I tied this challenge was in 2010, and you can see the results spread over the May posts here. I then participated again in 2013 and 2014, and you can the see the results by clicking the EDiM tag in the side panel here. 
In 2010, I was living in Sudan and finished 30/31 but the peaceful life I led there helped. This year I finished just 22/31. Why? I found some prompts very uninspiring and some I just didn't get time for due to attending a print course,  sketching events, my mother's health, and Degas. Furthermore, I have learnt that I still don't put my art before everything else and I do not have the self discipline to sketch daily (especially when uninspired). Right now, as I type this post, I have 2 illustrations that need finishing, so I shall write no more and let a selection of the drawings speak for themselves. 
Please let me know which are your favourites, there are more images on my site here. If you participated, why not leave a link to your posts, so I can check them out.
#‎31 Egg.
Those of you who follow my work know I rarely do anything from imagination. However, today my fridge and cupboards look like Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboards, so Humpty Dumpty was the only thing to paint.